Beth’s Specialty BBQ Pizza!
This pizza recipe is soooo good if I don’t say so myself!
(This can also be done in the oven during the fall and winter too)
- “Caluipower” Pizza Crust (Do not thaw prior to cooking) (I purchase mine from Fred Meyer in Freezer Section – Gluten free area)
- Italian Style 6 Cheese Blend (8 ounces)
- Onion (1/2 Cup Diced)
- Canned Mushrooms (1 Small Can Buttons and Pieces drained, or ½ Cup Fresh Mushrooms of your choice)
- Canned Sliced Olives (1 Small Can, drained)
- Canadian Bacon ( 8 Slices)
- Light Dry Salami (8 Slices)
- Pizza Sauce (8 ounces)
- Minced Garlic (2 Tablespoons)
- Sliced Pepperoncini’s (1 Cup)
- 1 Sliced Tomato
- Fresh Basil
- Preheat BBQ to Medium temp 350 – 400 degrees.
- Spray both sides of the crust with Avocado Oil (Avocado Oil can be purchased in a two pack at Costco)
- Place crust on BBQ slightly crisp, then flip over to slightly crisp other side.
- Turn heat down on BBQ to 200-250 degrees.
- Use spoon to generously and evenly spread pizza sauce on crust all the way to the edges. Then use spoon to spread minced garlic evenly in sauce over crust.
- Close BBQ lid and cook for approx. 2-3 minutes.
- Then take diced onion and spread over sauce mixture. Close Lid and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until sauce is hot.
- Next add ¼ of the cheese mixture over the sauce mixture and layer your remaining ingredients:
- Meat (Canadian Bacon and Lite Dry Salami)
Then top all ingredients with remaining cheese and reduce BBQ heat to 175-200 degrees. If you have a rack above the bottom grill inside your BBQ, move your pizza up to the rack for the remaining cooking time. If you don’t have an additional rack inside your BBQ, keep a close eye on the pizza and reduce heat a little more so the bottom of the crust doesn’t burn.
Once Cheese melts and cheese is slightly golden your pizza is ready to be topped with Fresh Sliced Tomatoes. Heat pizza for another 2 minutes. Remove from BBQ and let sit for 2-3 minutes then slice and service with Fresh Basil on top!
Enjoy! Other good toppers are Grated Parmesan Cheese and Red Peppers!