Summer Macaroni Salad
This macaroni salad is Randy’s favorite. His mom (my mother-in-law) makes this for all occasions throughout the year. Here is my spin on this recipe! Enjoy!
- Elbow Macaroni (2 Cups Dry)
- Hard Boiled Eggs Chopped (3 each)
- Italian Parsley (Chopped 2 tablespoons)
- 1 Can Tuna Fish (Albacore in Water, or regular)
- Johnny’s Salad Seasoning (5 Good Dashes)
- Ground Pepper to taste
- Mayonnaise (2 Cups –Light Mayo or Regular – I use Light)
- Dill Relish (3 Tablespoons – or if you are like Randy and I, we pickle our own pickles so I use 2 Medium home made pickles and dice them)
- Cook Macaroni according to directions, I like to boil them the full 10 min. Boil Eggs and to help them peel easy and cool them off quickly, I cover them with Ice until Ice is melted.
- Drain Macaroni in a colander thoroughly and rinse with cold water.
- While Macaroni is draining in colander, open tuna can and drain all water then add to mixing bowl. I use a plastic bowl that has a lid so it can easily be put in refrigerator when done.
- Rinse and chop Italian parsley and add to mixing bowl.
- Mix tuna and parsley together with a fork while separating the chunks of tuna.
- Add Relish / Pickles, chopped hard boil eggs and Dashes of Johnny’s Seafood Salad Seasoning and mix together with Tuna and parsley.
- Lastly, take a paper towel and dry Macaroni to soak up any left over water. Then add Macaroni to mixing bowl w/ 2 Cups Mayonnaise. (If need additional May be necessary if you are using regular mayo, you don’t want the salad too dry but you don’t want to over do it with Mayo either)
- After mixing put in refrigerator for min of 1 hour or longer, then Serve! Yum Yum!